It’s been long since I have been so active on WordPress. I was busy at many places so much so that my blog did take a hit. Writing everyday now has allowed me to know a people, I might have not known if it was not for this blog. I have been nominated for some awards lately and I was not able to give them the proper attention that they deserved. Awards are a fun activity on this platform that through which we bloggers can know about others a little more and introduce our own-selves. I remember getting my first award and I was on cloud nine. I used to think that there would be a big ceremony for me to be given an award. Good Times. Through this activity I got the opportunity to know some wonderful people who with in time I became really good friends.
Recently, some gifted writers did accord me a reward, a reward of knowing them more closely than ever. I would like to mention their names-
I had left doing awards a long time back, but it was really Cindy Georgakas who pushed me really hard to do this. She is really a warm and kind person. Glad to know you Cindy. You really make this sphere a better place. 🙂
Coming to me, I have been around this platform for six years now. I have done a similar post in the past you might want to check out. Hello There..!!
Six years is a long time if you look at it. My starting years in blogging were mostly mundane and unnoticed. But they say good things do take time. I have sticked with writing since then and have gathered some very unique experiences over the period of time. I have met people on this platform as far as the United States of America and some citizens of my own country. WordPress is a world in itself and it does accept whatever or whoever you are. Your identity is your blog and how you treat others who visit you. People don’t judge you here for what you write or what you say. One is allowed to have their own opinion which matters a lot considering the outside world, your opinion might not be taken kindly to. One can be anyone here, a writer, a poet, an illustrator or even be a cook. Nothing really matters here as long as you are enjoying the journey. There is no competition here nor do people overstep their boundaries, because WordPress is a sacred grove for the all the recluses of the world. The voices take shape in the form of words and pour in our screens. People appreciate the written word here, not the appearance we keep for the outside world. You may even fall in love with the words of a writer or a poet or even a poetess because that’s the power of words. They can destroy you or uplift you. The choice is entirely yours.
Apart from writing, I try to indulge in playing my guitar. Although sometimes I even play violin and Harmonium. I have a penchant for learning new instruments and languages. I know five languages although I am fluent in only three. The next language on my list is Arabic, because I find it mystical and beautiful. Even the calligraphy in Arabic is so artistic that I sometimes just stare at the written words. Moreover, I like taking pictures and most of the times when I don’t have my camera, my Phone comes in handy. Every Image you see on my blog has been taken by me. This pandemic also brought a new hobby to my list of hobbies and that is cooking. I never knew I could love cooking so much. Although, I still cannot make round Chapatis.
I am answering here the questions was asked by my fellow bloggers. Hope you all find this worth your reading.
These Questions were asked to me by Rishika Kakar
- What is your favourite book?
- Well if I have to be honest, I don’t read that much. I mean to but most of the times other things take preference. I do like to be read to. But if I really have to pick one book, I’ll say it is “My Experiments with Truth” by The father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- I have many plans for my Upcoming ten years. The nearest one would be to be in a position such as to help others who might need my help. I feel empathy is the biggest gift given to humans. Being of use to the fellow humans and all the living beings around us is my biggest goal.
- What did you want to be as a child and what did you end up becoming/want to be now?
- I really wanted to be a pilot when I was a child. The whooshing sound of an aircraft passing through the sunlit skies always garnered my attention. I will be very soon joining the Income Tax Department in the Government of India. Although my goal as said above, is much wider than the current scope of my job.
- Do you believe in fate and the Universe?
- I do believe in the Universe and that every being has been set on a path that he/she in due course of time defines for them. I used to believe in fate and that a good fate or a bad fate may make you fall or makes you successful. But of lately, I have started to believe in the power of hard-work and how it can change your fate and the fate of all those around you.
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
- The first thing I usually think when I wake up is that if I have overslept. Haha. And also what would have been made for breakfast. I really love food and a good sleep. Jokes aside, my first thought usually in the morning is the one i had slept with the night before. I am a big overthinker and tend to imagine situations which may or may not happen.
- What drives you to push through everyday?
- I wake up every morning and i see the faces of people who i love and who love me. My parents, my brother and my two wonderful dogs. They smile at me and my day is made, it feels like I am successful in that very moment. I want to see them smiling forever and that makes me push everyday.
- What does success mean to you?
- Success for me would be attaining peace. The day I can say that now I shall rest, no need to compete or work really hard. I’ll call myself successful.
- Your greatest regret?
- My greatest regret would be loving too much sometimes. I tend to give all of me for people or none at all. There’s no middle. That becomes a conundrum for me, most of the times because when you give 100% to a person or cause, you tend to attachments.
- What is your favourite ice cream flavor?
- My favourite ice cream flavour is anything that has chocolate in it. And if it has choco chips, I cannot skip that one. I really like Mississippi Mud in Baskin and Robbins, Cookies and Cream in Amul and also ice creams with brownie in them.
- Are you happy?
- The climate around me had had me believe that happiness lies in the job of your choice or a person that you might adore. My this belief system came thrashing down when I spent some years alone, away from all my loved ones and in complete isolation. I have experienced much to understand this that happiness will never be a destination. It’s really about finding happiness in little things that we do everyday. Like in my case, I really like to sing and write. I never had any formal training. I always wanted a guitar. One day I just went to a shop a brought me one. Taught myself to play and still learning. Happiness for me is finding joy in small things. This definition might change in the future. But currently, yes I am happy. I try everyday not to be affected. But somedays bad days do get to you.
- What is your favourite TV show?
- This one is a tricky question. I have watched so many. My favourite ones would be old school romcoms, especially How I Met Your Mother and Friends. Moreover, The Big Bang Theory is an all time favourite. The emotional roller coaster that this show takes you on, is really liberating.
These Questions were asked to me by Cindy Georgakas.
- What do you hope to accomplish with your writing?
Well I always have been very shy about expressing my emotions especially when it comes to speaking. Writing becomes my only way to best express myself. With my writing, I want to give words to the thoughts that go inside my head 😇and maybe other people’s thoughts as well.
- If you had one day left on earth what would you do and who would you spend it with?
I have always wanted to sing on the stage for the people who like me for what I am. As stated before, I am too shy to do that. If It was my last day on Earth, I would want to sing in a stadium full of people I love and those who love me.
- Who or what is your biggest Inspiration?
My biggest inspiration has always been my parents. I consider myself to be an atom of their talent and their thoughts. Most of my actions are directed to make them happy. But some aren’t . 😅😝
- Why did you start writing?
I am particularly new to writing. It was in 2014 when while writing something for my friend, my other friend noticed my writing skills. I had started this blog then only. I haven’t been away from writing since. The love and support of many people just like you has kept me going. 😇
- What are you most proud of yourself for?
I have grown and matured into a much better person than I was five years ago. I am really proud of that.
- What is your most vivid memory?
I have many. Haha. But my favourite one would be me and my brother coming back from school and throwing our bags on the bed and taking off our clothes and swinging it across the dining table, our mother running after us and dad scolding us. Also, sleeping next to my grandmother and the way she used to tell us stories. 😇
- If you had to be any animal in the world, what would it be and why?
I would really like to be a blue whale. They are some of the most beautiful creatures and they swim in the ocean. I have a phobia of the ocean and whales awe me with their calm nature. They don’t harm anything or anyone, just travel around the world. I could also be a flamingo. They travel hundreds and hundreds of miles and stay with their partners for their life. They are the most loyal creatures.
These Questions were asked to me by Nawazish
- Which country do you reside in?
I Live in India. More specifically the northern part of the country, Punjab.
- A place you visit to calm your mind or heal yourself.
We have a popular place around my inhabitation, called the Sukhna Lake. I really love visiting it whenever I get too away from myself. Also, I live near to many mountains, I prefer driving up-to them whenever I get the chance.
- Your favorite movie and why?
I have many favourite movies. I have grown watching Harry Potter movies and still whenever its on, I cannot skip them. I really love the Harry Potter series. Also, some movies such as the Green Mile, Django Unchained, The Shawshank Redemption, The Shutter Island are also among some of my favourites.
- A memory from childhood that is very close to your heart.
I remember whenever it rained, me and my brother would run to the balcony of our home and bathe in the rains. We loved splashing our feet in the puddles of water and making paper boats and letting them sail in the rain water. I also remember how we always ended up getting cold and runny nose, along with a strict beating by our mother.
- You prefer beaches or mountains?
My love for mountains is evergreen. Me and my friends always run to the hills whenever we get a chance. We do love a good trek and the driving through the mountainous routes. I also sometimes do like beaches, but only if they aren’t crowded. Mountains awe me always. Standing so tall for centuries together, they let us pass through them, make roads on them, let us settle on them. My respect for them is infinite.
- What makes you really agree?
It doesn’t take me much to agree to a point because I have learnt to stop arguing. If I find that a particular task requires me to be silent, I’ll stay silent. However, if you really want me to do something, get me good food and I’ll do whatever you want. haha.
- What do you look out in any relationship you form?
I have grown so much in the years that now that I really care for in a relationship is trust, honesty and respect. These three stand above anything else for me. If there is trust in a relationship, you won’t need to look out for your partner because you know whatever decision they take would be the best for you and them. Respect is something that also cannot be ignored. I believe you respect a person whenever you find in him/her the qualities that you always have looked up to. For example, caring attitude, respect for those not so fortunate, thinking about others before taking any rash decisions. Honesty is one of the best virtues I find about a person. I have been told many times how I cannot lie and the people around me know this for a fact that I am very bad at lying. My partner should be honest with me, even if sometimes it means my feelings or hers would be affected because I believe the two partners in a relationship can and will come out of any differences.
- What would you change about yourself, if you get a chance?
I have been told many times that I care too much. So much so that it affects me in ways that are destructive to me. It’s either 100% or 0% for me. I don’t work in between. If I love you, there is no stopping me from showing you how much you mean for me. You’ll be my world and I’ll be your moon, revolving around you. I am a hopeless romantic. This sometimes becomes overwhelming for some.
- What’s your favorite way to spend a day off?
It would definitely be driving through mountains or driving anywhere at all. I love driving and visiting new places. Also, I love to decorate my home and if not driving, I’ll be making something that I had found lying useless around the house.
- Do you consider yourself to be an introvert, extrovert or an ambivert?
I am an introvert most of the times. Until some drops of any intoxicants get in. I won’t talk to you in person as long as you take the initiative. This comes as being rude to some, but I am used to it now.
- Which was the last TV series you binge- watched?
I binge watched Paatal Lok last. Really loved the acting of all the actors, especially Jaideep Ahlawat.
I really hope my answers were helpful.
I would really like to know what you, the reader feels about my answers.
Leave a comment down below and I’ll be happy to answer your questions.
Let’s have a conversation.
Thank You again to Rishika, Cindy and Nawazish.